Monday, July 6, 2009

Why do we tweet, FB and blog?


I am one of the late adopters of the social media. I'm still figuring out how should I use it, when should I use and what is the value of these tools.

Do we use it to keep in touch?
Do we use it to share?
Do we use it to brag?
Do we do it to be famous (number of friends or followers)?
Do we do it to make money?
Do we do it to be part of the gang?
Do we do it to sell?
Do we use to learn?
Do we use it to reflect?

Or do we use just because its there.

I've seen many interesting posting as well as a generous amount of useless posting/information. I've seen people busy twittering at conferences sharing what is happening at the conferences that others who is not there would be able to catch a glimpse of what is happening. I sometime wonder why is there such generosity. Secondly wonder whether while all of this is happening, do people have the time to really pay attention and reflect; and pause to think and generate new insights into what is going on instead of just merely reporting what is being said.

I am still experimenting with many applications such as Tweetdeck, Hailer , Ning and many more. The experiments still continues, but for now I will start blogging more seriously to capture my own thoughts as well as share it with others.

1 comment:

  1. I use all these stuff to keep in touch. Somewhere along the way towards modernization and in the midst of the rat race, we lost the time needed to keep in touch with our friends and family. Now we can do it again. It still doesn't beat the real thing, but it beats NOT being in contact at all hands down.

    I guess there are as many reasons for using it as there are people and motivations.

    ReplyDelete